by Madeleine Ganz and Lizzy Bauer
Hello! During the month of November, we made a Pumpkin Pie and had Ms. Thomson do our taste test. She loved it. Click here for a video of her review.
If you would like to try and make the pumpkin pie, follow the recipe below. To download the recipe, click here:
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbl. Sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tbl. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbl. Ice water
- 1 can evaporated milk(12 oz.)
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz.)
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¾ cups white sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. Ground cloves
- In a food processor pulse flour, salt, and sugar until combined. Then using a box grader shred the butter (or cube it with a knife) and add in the food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Once everything is mixed drizzle in the vinegar and ice water. Then pulse the dough until it is crumbly but holds together. If needed add 1 or 2 more teaspoons of ice water.
- Place the dough in plastic wrap or a ziploc bag and let it chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425oF
- In a small bowl combine the salt, sugar and spices.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add in the pumpkin and then add the sugar mixture.
- Gradually add the evaporated milk.
- Roll out the pie dough and place in a pie tin.
- Pour in the filling (may be very liquidy). Don’t pour it all in at once because you may have extra.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 then bring the temperature down to 350 and bake for 40 to 50 min.
- Once it is out of the oven let it cool.
- Your pie is now ready to be refrigerated or served!