First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease baking sheets. Gather your ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- baking powder,
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (separated)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter.
Combine the baking soda, baking powder, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into a good sized bowl (a medium sized one), and put that aside.
Beat sugar and 1 stick of butter and blend it. Stop blending it once smooth.
Put in egg, pumpkin, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend it again until smooth!
While it’s blending, put the flour mixture (the first step) in gradually.
Drop the entire mixture onto a baking sheet, one tablespoon at a time and spread a couple inches apart.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, then take out and let rest for 2 minutes.
For the frosting, combine stiffened milk, sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Now stir all of those ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on top of cookies.