Six Tech Products to Look Forward to in 2017
1. Nintendo Switch – Nintendo’s last console, the Wii-U, was a huge bust, but the Nintendo Switch is hoping to see more success with clever ideas. The charm of the Switch is that it can be used as a home console as well as a portable console. The Nintendo Switch launches today and is currently priced at $299.99.
- New Microsoft Surface Pro – The Microsoft Surface Pro is approaching a release in the spring. The laptop will come with a stylus, which is great, considering most styluses have to be purchased separately these days.
- VR Products – Virtual reality exploded in 2016 with the release of VR headsets like the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. The industry is continuing to push VR forward with more and more games and apps. The VR industry is innovating and we can surely expect to see advancements in this digital community.
- iPhone 8 – 2017 will mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and Apple surely has something to prove with the iPhone 8. So far there have been rumors about it having a full glass screen, wireless charging and facial recognition. With a lot of expectations to fulfill, Apple can continue its reign of dominating the smartphone industry with the iPhone 8.
- New iMac – There have also been a lot of rumors about Apple releasing a new iMac. This will be the first iMac since 2014. It is speculated to have VR support, a very strong processor, updated storage and a 27 inch 4k HD monitor. Apple desktop computers have been outclassed by Microsoft and Dell for the past two years. With this iMac, Apple is striving to become the desktop leader of the industry.
- Google Watch – Google is stepping into the realm of electronic watches with the release of the Android Wear line of smartwatches. These watches are special since multiple manufacturers like LG and even Michael Kors are making them. These watches can look stylish while having the functionality of a smartwatch. However, the prices for these watches are not cheap. Each watch costs $350 or more.