Valentine’s Day Gifts Sure to Please
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and love is in the air! To celebrate, you may want to consider a gift for your friend or loved one. For those looking for inspiration, here are some ideas:
- Chocolate/Candy – Delectable edibles are a classic that most everyone enjoys. This tradition is alive for good reason – it’s delicious!
- Pictures – Whether it’s a small photo in a cute frame or a humongous collage, photos of good times spent together are a sentimental gift that can last for decades.
- Jewelry – A dazzling piece of jewelry is guaranteed to express your love and make your special someone happy – provided that it’s their style, of course.
- Tickets – Tickets to a football game, concert, movie or any other occasion are a great way to give someone a thoughtful gift, while providing an excuse to spend more time with them. It’s a two-for-one that can be incredibly fun!
- Coupons – Making coupons is a great way to give someone exactly what they want in a way that is affordable and easy. Coupons for personal favors like massages can win someone’s heart without spending a lot of money.
- A Handmade Gift – Nothing is more personal than something that is crafted by hand. Keeping in mind someone’s interests and creating something like a birdhouse or knitted bag is a very thoughtful and sweet gesture of love.
- Something Warm and Cozy – Winter is the perfect time to give someone a fuzzy blanket or soft pajamas, maybe even a Snuggie! Whatever it is, it’ll warm them up and melt their heart.
- A Meal – In the same vein as handmade gifts, a meal is something that can really demonstrate your thoughtfulness. Like the old saying goes, “The fastest way to someone’s heart is through the stomach.” Cooking someone’s favorite meal can show an investment of time, care and interest.
- Cool Technology – In this age of rapidly evolving tech, your special someone will appreciate receiving the latest and most innovative gadgets such as pocket printers or drones.
- Something Personal – People want to know that they are cared about and understood. A gift that expresses that will mean a lot to them and is the optimal gift for a friend or partner.
Caution: you should always think carefully before you buy or make anything. If you get them a gift and they do not have one in return, they may feel too guilty to truly enjoy Valentine’s Day. Your special someone may also be upset if you spend too much money on them or spend money at all since you are buying into a capitalist holiday. Either way, proper communication should be established prior to any action no matter how caring or well-meaning that action may be.